making homebuying easy
At Ruckart Real Estate, we know the process of becoming a homeowner can feel overwhelming. Especially for first-time homebuyers, we understand this is a once-in-a-lifetime moment and it’s so gratifying for us to help our clients set out on a path to homeownership.
Here are some general tips we recommend for potential buyers as they contemplate a home purchase.
- Check and strengthen your credit (as needed)
- Explore your mortgage options
- Determine if you qualify for home buyer assistance programs
- Speak with a real estate agent
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE
The mantra we use when we act as a buyer’s agent is “Love Where You Live.” We leverage our expertise, our knowledge of the market and our connections, to make that happen for you. When you work with one of our buyer’s agents, he or she will
- Help you find a property you can afford and want to live in
- Help you put together a compelling offer and negotiate it on your behalf s
- Recommend other professionals you may need to work with, such as a mortgage lender, real estate attorney and home inspector
- Guide you through any potential problems, such as a low home appraisal or inspection that brings unseen issues to light
It’s never too early to make a plan. Consider these things you’ll need to set money aside for: Start saving early. You’ll need to have money set aside for:
READY FOR THE NEXT STEPS?
If you’re looking for more information, consider signing up for one of our Homebuying 101 workshops. We offer them in-person roughly once a quarter in addition to a pre-recorded version you can complete at your convenience <insert link.> These sessions are interactive, fun and educational. Important concepts we cover include:
- Why you should buy a home - we’ll talk about historical and current trends in home value appreciation as well as the multiple tax benefits that come with home ownership.
- Financial expectations when buying a home - we’ll cover important aspects of mortgages, what you can expect to pay out of pocket and other expenses that may arise.
- How you can build wealth through homeownership - we’ll discuss equity, forced savings, and appreciation and how they have historically helped homeowners improve their overall financial well-being.
- How you can buy a home - we’ll review your next steps and how to prepare
Whether you participate in our workshop or would rather contact one of our buyer’s agents directly, we’re here to make sure you have the information you need to begin the homeownership journey with confidence.
Want to learn more about our process? Download our Buyer's Guide for a comprehensive breakdown of our process.