Nathan Wine is a Northern Virginia native turned Richmond transplant.
Three years ago, my wife and I made the move to Richmond to make our money go further. Our jobs had gone virtual so it made sense to cut our mortgage and living expenses by two-thirds. We now own a primary home that is 1/3 the cost of our previous mortgage and twice the size! We have also been able to purchase two rental investment properties with our excess budget. It was a great move for our family and legacy. I loved the Richmond real estate company that helped my family so I changed careers and now work for them! It’s been a fun journey exploring a new city, getting settled in, and helping other families do the same. I’d love to chat with you if this is an option for you and yours (learn more about Nathan.)
The Greater Richmond area has lots to offer for people of all ages and walks of life. Boasting a modern city with a high livability factor, ours is a cosmopolitan region rooted in a rich cultural heritage. Only a short drive from the mountains, the ocean and back to the Metro DC area. (Also residents in Richmond, VA have an average commute time of 20.8 minutes, in Fairfax County it’s 30.2 minutes.)1
- Richmond is the only major city in the U.S. with Class IV white-water rapids shooting right through the middle of downtown.
- It’s home to more than 900 restaurants and a widely recognized foodie scene.
- Museums that capture the region’s history, culture and art with global influence and appeal
Ranked in the Top 50 of US News’ Best Places to Live, they write, “Each of Richmond’s neighborhoods exudes a unique personality, from the historic 19th-century homes in Church Hill to rustic farms and suburban communities in the outlying counties.” Click here to get our take on some of our favorite neighborhoods.
Places and Events to Check Out
- James River Park – Belle Isle, Brown’s Island, the Manchester Climbing Wall and so many more outdoor activities in the middle of the city
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts – experience Rumors of War, have drinks at Amuse, experience, check out the largest Fabergé egg collection outside of Russia
- Richmond Folk Festival – a free multi-day festival every October that showcases artists across musical genres and attracts attendees from across the country
- Virginia Capital Trail is a fully-paved multi-use trail that connects Richmond and Jamestown with outstanding scenery, attractions and restaurants along its entirety
- South of the James Farmers Market on Saturdays from May to December showcases local growers, artisans and small businesses, with food vendors. Pro tip: try the Yoder’s Donuts.
In addition to quality of life, we’ve met many buyers from the DC Metro area who have moved to Richmond because of the economic benefits. Whether you’re looking to get more house for your mortgage dollar or you’re tired of paying exorbitant rent, we’d love to show you how much home you can get in Richmond compared to Northern Virginia.
Median Home prices 2
|County/City||Median Home Price||County/City||Median Home Price|
|Fairfax Co.||$658k||Henrico Co.||$293k|
|Prince William Co.||$446k||Hanover||$342k|
One of the best ways to determine if a new area is the right place to call home is to work with a realtor. They will make sure they understand what you’re looking for, your budget and your goals. Then they’ll show you communities and homes that meet your criteria and help you envision a future in your new home. At Ruckart Real Estate our agents are fully committed to delivering an outstanding buying experience and they’re part of an experienced team that can help make the relocation process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
Especially in volatile markets like we’re experiencing today, a trusted advisor like the agents at Ruckart Real Estate are an invaluable ally in your home buying process. Click here to start the conversation!
2 as of Q2 2021 County Median Home Prices and Monthly Mortgage Payment